Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g’day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you’re probably keen to find out what’s on offer, so we’ll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you’re near one), at home or a bit of both, it’s up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that’s all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you’ll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Technical Program Managers
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
The Information Technology group’s vision is to maximize the potential of every Canvanaut through redefining technology service. We deliver value across the organisation by making the lives of our employees simple and pleasant when leveraging technology to deliver against bigger and bigger goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple teams and projects
- Promote accountability towards sustainable program delivery
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and manage program risks
- Manage dependencies across teams and groups
- Facilitate effective, timely and transparent team decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of product development and engineering teams
- Build a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams to influence decisions, drive alignment and prioritisation
- Partner with Group Leadership to facilitate the delivery of Canva’s highest priority, complex and multi-disciplinary initiatives
Experience you’ll need
- A minimum of 3 years TPM, Project Manager or Scrum Master experience at a SaaS company
- Deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices
- Experience working with Corporate Domains (Finance, HR) or experience working with ERP systems teams to deliver key company initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems
- Process-oriented but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goals
- Introspective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving in your craft as a TPM
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
What’s in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard – and we do – but you’ll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here’s a taste of what’s on offer:
• Equity packages – we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents carers
• An annual Vibe Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.