DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 250,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
As the first internal financial leadership hire, this position offers the right individual the opportunity to develop, operate and own all finance and accounting functions, whilst placing them in an ideal position to grow their career within DISCO over time.
In this role, you will:
- Work as a ‘department of one’ initially, whilst receiving support from our sister company’s CFO.
- Work as a cross-functional leader and support day-to-day operations of the company; willing to “roll up your sleeves” with a “no task is too small” mentality.
- Establish and develop core company operating and reporting infrastructure whilst building operational best practices that guide the company towards scalable growth
- Develop and implement financial strategies that support business goals
- Oversee financial planning and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Develop and maintain financial models to support business decision-making
- Establish and maintain financial controls and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Oversee payroll, expenses and tax compliance, and liaise with external service partners. Able to comfortably navigate the sales tax requirements that comes with SaaS ( federal/state/local)
- Provide strategic insights to senior leadership on financial performance and opportunities for growth
- Lead the development of financial metrics and KPIs to drive performance management and improve decision-making
- Develop and implement financial strategies that optimise company spend and support business goals
- Attend to the preparation of monthly Management and Board reports
DISCO’s headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia, so depending on what US timezone the successful candidate is in, they will need to be flexible to work later days/some evenings in order to cross over with Australia.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have 5+ years experience working in a SaaS startup at series A/B level. Additionally, the candidate will have:
- Experience in a Tech Start-Up (SaaS Preferred)
- A qualification in accounting or finance
- A commercially astute mindset with a flair for financial analysis and forecasting
- Proven ability to successfully manage and optimise costs with key stakeholders across a growing organization
- Experience leading finance through Series A/B+
- The ability to self motivate and a personality that thrives in the dynamic and sometimes unpredictable start-up environment
- Experience managing and developing teams
- The ability to comfortably navigate the US income and sales tax requirements that comes with SaaS (federal/state/local), working with our external service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement financial strategies that support business goals
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and regulations
- Experience with financial systems and software
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to put together presenter packs and dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and delivering board reports
At DISCO, our employees have told us what benefits mean the most to them, and we’ve listened. So as a DISCO employee, you will work remotely from home (or a co-working space) whilst being supported by a friendly and fun international team.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
- Office set-up allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave per year
- Paid bank/public holidays as outlined in our Leave Policy
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- A company laptop
- Monthly internet allowance/reimbursement
- For US employees, health/vision/dental insurance contributions and access to a 401k plan
- The ability to work how you want — we’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
If this sounds like a position that would suit you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements we’re looking for.
At DISCO, we strongly believe in the uniqueness of thought, experience and perspective that can only be achieved through having an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strive to continue to make DISCO an incredible place to work by fostering a culture of inclusiveness, diversity, openness and collaboration. We value all different kinds of experience, so even if you feel you don’t meet all of the necessary criteria for this position, we encourage you to apply.
DISCO is an equal-opportunity employer. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have disabilities. If you require any reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please note this in your cover letter and we will reach out to you.