Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of solar and storage projects throughout the United States. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37 and named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
The Development Coordinator will assist with the day-to-day activities of the Development team and will serve in a supporting role to the Project Managers as they move solar projects through the development life cycle. The Development Coordinator must be well organized, able to prioritize tasks, and be excellent at problem-solving. This position is responsible for helping support projects in varying markets through the development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Development Project Management team through all aspects of utility-scale solar development.
- Assist with filing regulatory and utility-related documents and applications such as FERC 556 forms, utility interconnection status reports, Interconnection Requests, FAA Hazard Determinations, et al.
- Help edit presentation materials and reports for be used by Project Managers.
- Ensure project information is up to date in Salesforce (CRM Software).
- Assist with researching new markets for requirements related to interconnection request process, PUC filings/registrations, and utility reporting.
- Submit and track invoices and payment obligations to Accounts Payable and internal tracking databases.
- Update project budgets based on internal reports, cash flow tracker, and prepare budget-to-actual figures. Review contracts including leases, interconnection agreements, power purchase agreements, etc. and track deadlines for deliverables, reporting, payments, etc.
- Assist the project team with vendor management and correspondence.
- Help document and update internal processes.
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Complete assigned tasks, activities, projects in the time allotted. Promptly notify direct report of any delays.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Good listening skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and not get lost in the details.
- Previous internships or class projects related to the renewable industry.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Strong preference for candidates based in Salt Lake City, UT or the Western U.S.
- Some travel may be required.
Pine Gate Renewables
believes in taking care of our employees by offering benefits that support their physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, training, and development, giving back to the community, remote work options, dog-friendly offices, and much more. Pine Gate Renewables is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Pine Gate Renewables does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies.