Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is looking for a Drupalist, able to contribute code on day one, who has experience working within an Agile delivery team. You have examples of successfully delivered Drupal builds in production. You are able to take technical and business requirements and deliver tested and working code with a minimum of supervision. You are innovative, bringing your own ideas and suggestions to the project. You know what it means to be collaborative, open minded, and play well with others.
Responsible for …
- Developing and reviewing Drupal features and functionality
- Helping maintain Drupal-related projects
- Understanding and participating in the Drupal community
- Guiding others to understand and best represent Drupal needs
- Driving standards and excellence in a team setting
- Creating automated tests
- Creating documentation
- Working in an Agile team with Agile practices
The ideal candidate is …
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Drupal 9+ (Drupal 7 implementation experience is a plus) and solid PHP development experience.
- Awareness and experienced with Drupal community interactions and best practices
- Experienced with Drupal, Symfony, Composer and Drush
- Able to perform peer review on team members’ code
- Experienced with automated testing and continuous integration.
- Proficient with basic HTML and CSS.
- Capable of being autonomous with good debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Experienced working with multiple developers on a single codebase, i.e., Github/lab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities.
- Positive toward opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and product development.
- Able to maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focused on driving results, and good at finding solutions to solve tough problems and challenges.
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping build exceptional online experiences.
- 4+ years of experience building web solutions with Drupal.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven delivery skills, working with software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Acquia is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.