About BandLab Technologies
BandLab Technologies is a company that designs and develops innovative tools and services for the next generation of music creators: global social music creation network BandLab, digital audio workstation Cakewalk, artist services platform ReverbNation and beat marketplace Airbit.
A division of Singapore-based Caldecott Music Group (CMG), which also owns Vista Musical Instruments and NME Networks, the company’s mission is to break down the technical, geographical and creative barriers for musicians and fans worldwide.
BandLab is the flagship product of BandLab Technologies, and a leading social music creation network with a global reach of over 60 million users and growing. Its cross-platform creative ecosystem offers everything from a next-generation digital audio workstation, to an advanced suite of creator tools and features, to niche artist services. BandLab empowers creators to make music and share their creative process with creators and fans on an unprecedented level.
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Product Designer to join our Monetization team and contribute to our initiatives focused on helping music creators achieve their goals.
You will be responsible for designing the look and feel of the BandLab monetization features across web and mobile. You will play a key role in leading the design process, from ideation to implementation, to develop intuitive and engaging experiences for our music creators. Your expertise in user-centred design principles and ability to balance business goals with user needs will be crucial in creating effective solutions.
This position offers the opportunity to work on impactful projects that will shape the future of the music industry. If you are passionate about music and design, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and researchers, to define and prioritize design requirements.
- Lead the end-to-end design process for monetization-focused initiatives aimed at helping music creators achieve their goals.
- Deliver prototypes and production-ready designs with a strong desire to iterate by sharing ideas at each stage of your process.
- Support engineers by providing all necessary assets and confirming that implementations are visually and experientially perfect.
- Effectively communicate ideas and design rationale both verbally and visually at every stage of the design process.
- Iterate designs based on user feedback, usability testing, and data-driven insights to continuously improve the user experience and achieve the best CR.
- Help build out and improve our design system in Figma.
You’re a great communicator who applies an empathetic approach to solving real-world problems for digital-native musicians. You know that making product decisions is easy when they are informed by direct conversations with community members at every stage of design and implementation.
You have a strong eye for detail and appreciate feedback from your peers and our community of creators; you also know how to give feedback in a way that is encouraging and constructive. The ideal candidate loves to learn and embraces failure.
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, with a focus on digital products and user interfaces.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in user-centered design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Proficiency with Figma
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, collaborating with product managers, engineers, and researchers.
- Strong ability to translate insights from UX Research into actionable design solutions.
- Familiarity with agile development processes and ability to adapt design workflows accordingly.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders.
- Good organizational skills
- Passion for music and the making music process.
- Remote work options or relocation sponsorship to sunny and cosmopolitan Singapore
- Healthcare, dental insurance
- Attractive paid annual leave, sick leave, childcare leave, volunteer leave and maternity leave
- BandLab Technologies staff discount
- Quarterly bonus and continuous learning budget
Diversity and InclusionBandLab Technologies commits to fostering diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other status protected by law, we offer applicants the equal opportunity to join, belong and flourish in our organisation.