Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
Title: Contracts Specialist
Reports to:Manager- Contracts
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for managing the revenue transaction lifecycle including contract preparation, terms review, negotiation and administration in accordance with Granicus policies and legal requirements. Collaborating with finance, sales and legal counsel as necessary, the Contracts Specialist is responsible for successfully resolving contractual issues and facilitating revenue contracts from inception to close.
- Review and negotiate the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts, including subscription agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure, software licensing, and consulting agreements under the supervision of Senior Contract Specialist, Manager-Contracts and Vice President-Contracts;
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize agreements and contractual terms in a timely manner, drafting alternative clauses where necessary, and proposing redlines and creative solutions in accordance with Granicus policies and risk tolerance parameters;
- Review and respond to contractual terms in requests for proposals and participate, as necessary, in bid response preparation and certification completion;
- Provide responses to requests from internal clients regarding company policies, contractual issues, and risk tolerance, educate sales when appropriate on use of contract vehicles;
- Escalate legal issues to legal counsel or contract managers for further evaluation or approval when appropriate;
- Identify, report and escalate business issues and nonstandard terms for review and approval at the appropriate level within the business in accordance with Granicus processes;
- Partner with Sales, Renewals, and Customer Success to save any at-risk and late renewals;
- Validate and document client entitlements and other contract attributes;
- Manage contracting workflow from initial request through to signature;
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation, as well as all internal department files and resources;
- Ensure accurate post-signature processing of orders and contracts as they are received; and
- Participate in new company acquisition integrations and other contracts-related projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree, associates degree or paralegal certificate with 2+ year experience;
- Experience in contracts drafting, customer negotiation or software renewals required;
- Expert with Microsoft Word; experience with Salesforce and Docusign a plus;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to manage changing priorities and workflow in an organized fashion and the ability to effectively advance multiple simultaneous projects meeting tight deadlines;
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of a professional organization;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, customer service and communication (in person, over the phone, and through electronic communications and social media);
- A pragmatic customer-centric attitude, strong problem-solving skills and cooperative team focus.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and ADD Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.