We believe in the industrialization of biology. Standardization and repeatability are key to that industrialization mission. As Lead Automation Engineer, Automation Industrialization, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our automated systems performance. You will help develop custom automation functionality, not generally available for purchase. You will be instrumental to enable automation for our scientists, at industrial scale.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative biotech startup with significant funding, where you will have a significant impact on the organization. You will work closely with a versatile, multidisciplinary team, master a broad range of technologies, and help shape Insitro’s culture, strategic vision, and outcomes as we endeavor to discover critical new therapeutics with life-changing impact to patients and their families.
- A can-do attitude, and a desire to learn
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Software or Bio-Engineering, or a degree in Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- B.S, with 8, M.S with 6, or Ph.D. with 2+ years professional experience implementing, developing, and supporting hardware
- Work independently and self-driven
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Demonstrated ability deploying data-driven decision making using Statistical Process Control, IQ,OQ,PQ, and predictive maintenance to improve throughput and reliability of laboratory systems
- Proven experience with data analysis. Strong analytical skills.
- Aptitude designing and implementing custom electromechanical systems to enhance standard automation solutions
- Strong communication skills working with scientists, software engineers, lab managers.
- Experience working with vendors to reduce support costs and increase performance of instrumentation
- Deep understanding of various documentation systems: version-control, ticketing, and device history records to track and improve automated systems over time.
Nice to Have
- Experience with iPSC culture systems, microscopy and genomics workflows
- Experience with Green Button Go, Overlord, Cellario, Tempo, or other automation scheduling software
- Experience integrating automation systems with LIMS
- Experience with APIs and instrument drivers
- Experience with Solidworks, CAD, 3D-printing
- Understanding and interest in machine learning and other advanced data science approaches to analyzing large data sets
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $140,000 – $155,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits