At Insitro we believe that we can dramatically accelerate the drug development pipeline for a variety of diseases by combining machine learning, clinical data, chemistry and high throughput experimentation. The Automation Industrialization team is responsible for providing high quality automation solutions to scientists with a strive to be able to run reliable, sophisticated, and automated experiments. We also strive to provide easy access to the data that is being produced by these automated systems.
We believe in the industrialization of biology. Standardization and repeatability are key to that industrialization mission. As Automation Engineer, Automation Industrialization, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our automated systems performance. You will help develop custom automation functionality, not generally available for purchase. You will be instrumental to enable automation for our scientists, at industrial scale.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative biotech startup with significant funding, where you can have a substantial impact on the organization. You will work closely with a versatile, multidisciplinary team, master a broad range of technologies, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic vision, and outcomes as we endeavor to discover critical new therapeutics with life-changing impact to patients and their families.
- A can-do attitude. Eager to learn new techniques.
- Bachelor’s with 4 years experience, Master’s with 2 years experience or Ph.D. degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Robotics, Software, Bio- Engineering or Physics, Chemistry, Biology – or equivalent through experience in a relevant technical field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in gathering/creating user requirements process diagrams, system requirements, technical specifications and engineering drawings
- Experience working with at least one liquid handling robot
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with molecular biology and cell culture workflows
- Experience with Green Button Go, Overlord, VWorks, Tempo, Cellario, or other automation scheduling software
- Experience developing IOPQ protocols
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience with instrument drivers and APIs
- Experience with hardware development
- Experience integrating automation systems with LIMS
- Experience working with vendors to make modifications to existing software and hardware to enable expanded usage and new features for the multiple integrated systems
- Experience with iPSC culture systems, microscopy and genomics workflows
- Understanding and curiosity about machine learning and other advanced data science approaches to analyzing large data sets
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $120,000 – $130,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits