2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you’re interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and optimize user acquisition campaigns for 2K playtesting to enable the recruitment of participants for current and future studies
- Support the creation and management of 2K Gamelab research labs
- Maintain a medium- and long-term testing schedule and clearly communicate the department’s capabilities to stakeholders
- Guide team members in research planning, alignment, execution, analysis, and follow-up
- Advocate for the player through human-centered research methods
- Build strong relationships with partners and teams across various geographies
- Practice and help evolve the team’s research techniques and toolsets to work efficiently in cross-team collaboration
- Balance long-term research strategies with short-term research needs
Who We Believe Would Be an Excellent Fit:
- Experience in team management and project coordination
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Comfortable speaking and leading discussion with a variety of business partners and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and the capability to visualize data
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to build and execute department-wide plans
Preference for Candidates with:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- 6+ years of experience in User Experience Research
- Excel, SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience
- Video games industry experience, especially AAA console/PC products
- Experience with team development
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
If you love video games, enjoy working in an environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have experience in the video game industry, then this position might be for you!
We want someone who not only has a strong background in User Research but who also thoroughly enjoys the process, the results, and the impact they can have on the games they support.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $190,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.