We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Customer Success Manager. The Principal CSM role is responsible for leading multiple customer-facing engagements across various industries incorporating Voltron Data’s Products, Subscription Offerings, and Services.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We are Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We are Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We are Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
Roles and responsibilities
- Drive customer engagement and adoption of Voltron Data by understanding their business goals, objectives, and pain points, and aligning our offerings accordingly.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers within assigned strategic accounts and be a trusted advisor.
- Create and execute customized success plans for each strategic account, including onboarding and ongoing account management.
- Monitor customer health and proactively identify potential issues, risks, and opportunities for improvement, working closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies.
- Serve as the voice of the customer, providing feedback and insights to internal teams on product usage, customer satisfaction, and opportunities for product enhancement and innovation.
- Collaborate with Sales, Field Engineering, Marketing, Engineering and Product teams to ensure that customer needs are met, and growth opportunities are maximized.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product portfolio, industry trends, and competitive landscape and use this knowledge to guide strategic account planning and decision-making.
- Continuously refine and improve our customer success processes and best practices, contributing to the development of a world-class customer success organization.
Required work experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in customer success, account management, or a similar role, preferably in the technology industry, managed ARR $5M
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field. A master’s degree or MBA would be a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of big data or cloud technologies or open-source software, and related solutions, with the ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing and growing relationships with Fortune 500 companies, demonstrating a deep understanding of their business objectives, challenges, and requirements.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build trust, influence decision-makers, and drive customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven mindset and the ability to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and inspire audiences at all levels of an organization.
- A customer-centric mindset, with a passion for delivering exceptional experiences and driving customer success.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and drive projects to completion.
- Willingness to travel to support customer engagements
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Team player, empathetic and a leader with extreme ownership mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and scale while having fun
- Is always curious but not judgmental
- Sees diversity as a strategic advantage
- Values radical transparency
US Compensation – The salary range for this role is between $150,000 – $200,000. We have a global market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the exact base pay will vary based on factors such as actual work location, skills and experience of the candidate. This position is also eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards.
• Work from Anywhere – Payroll and Benefits in 150+ Countries
• Unlimited PTO
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Retirement [USA Only]
• Home Office Budget
• Continuing Education Budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.