HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a
Lead 3D Animator to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Lead 3D Animator, you will lead and contribute to the creation of 3D animation focused on
Gameplay within the franchise while ensuring the highest quality deliverables on time and within budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Animation Management, Production and Design to lead the animation deliverables and ensure high quality work that meets the visual target and desired platform.
- Lead the animators’ work toward the operational milestones, allocating and tracking daily work to ensure their team is on track.
- Provide continuous support in ensuring the smooth progress of the project by providing updates, expertise, and feedback.
- Monitor, communicate, and escalate risks associated with all aspects of the Animation team including engagements with the larger project team, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and Technical Artists on implementation, troubleshooting, and debugging of animation systems.
- Create and maintain documentation that can effectively train internal and external developers on pipeline and tools.
- Research industry developments and explore new tools and techniques to improve efficiencies and animation production.
- Contribute to the planning and design of motion capture shoots.
- Build positive working relationships and participate in team meetings.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced team members.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically 6 to 8+ years of industry experience in 3D Animation.
- Knowledge of project management and experience leading internal and external teams.
- Technical knowledge of rigging and skinning is considered a plus.
- Proven technical expertise working with both Maya & Motion Builder.
- Proven technical expertise working with animation state machines
- Proven expertise with Motion Capture and proprietary animation run-time integration tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical animation (i.e. tool creation).
- Experienced with Project Management (Shotgrid, Jira, Confluence) and Source Control (Perforce, Git) software and tools.
- Ability to create and work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, and outside-the-box thinker.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.